Friday, November 14, 2008

Patience, please?

I need some patience. Looking for verses on patience, I found Genesis 26:15-33, the story of Isaac digging a number of wells. Yep, that would require patience.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. (Psalms 37:7)

Now that's more what I need. To remember that God is in control and that I'm not to be distracted by anything that would keep me from giving thanks for all that comes my way. Even irritations. I must acknowledge that they simply are irritants, of minor importance. Even the loss of a material item should not take away my gratefulness for what God continues to do in my life.

There is such a comfort in a number of versions having to do with patience:

In your patience possess ye your souls. (Luke 21:19)

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. Hebrews 6:15)

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: (Romans 5:3-4)

Knowing that in all things, even the minor daily irritations, He has promised:

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:6)

Oh, why do I need this patience? My PC no longer recognizes my hard drive. No -- I haven't backed up in three months. Yes -- I am contrite. Yes -- I have hope. No -- it's not an easy fix (Not even certain what the fix would be. So, I beg your patience if I disappear for a few days. I'm working on a borrowed PC and there are limitations.

Pray for patience -- for me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)