Saturday, November 29, 2008

Everyday

This CNN story is much the way I see my country. Most of what we see in the mentioned statues and parades is for public consumption.
The true values a person holds are shown in the everyday routines of life. When we display a consistency, we affirm our beliefs. Daily.
From the first chapter in Matthew, Jesus is held up as the Son of God. Mark states such in the first verse. Luke takes a bit of time, giving many more details, but is firm that Jesus is the Son of God. John completes the confirmation. The remaining books within the New Testament testify the same message.
The witnesses continue today, affirming in their own lives that Jesus is the Son of God. There are so many small touches in daily lives.
“Have a blessed day,” I hear from the lady in the deli as she hands over the slices requested. “Yes, He does provide many such days, doesn’t He,” I reply. And we smile together at our individual memories of such blessings.
“Isn’t this a wonderful day the Lord has made,” a lady in the parking lot shares. “And doesn’t it make you rejoice?” I said.
Everyday routines. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. (Psalms 145:2 KJV)
We often request that God bless us – but here David blesses God every day. And it bears repeating: Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. (Psalms 103:1 KJV)
We’re also told to bless others: Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. (Luke 6:28 KJV)
Once again, that bears repeating: Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. (Romans 12:14 KJV)
Do we do that on a daily basis? Are they on our prayer lists?
Should I be concerned about another not doing so daily? Nope. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (Romans 14:10 KJV)
I am concerned about how I stand before Christ’s judgment seat. I am responsible to share my beliefs, but I’m not responsible for another’s reception of those beliefs.
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Luke 9:23 KJV)
Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read and comment on the blog. Comments should take into consideration this verse: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8 KJV)